Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Puzzling Dream

The dream started when I saw myself with a rocket-propelled grenade aimed at a convoy of renegade trucks, I squeezed the trigger and hit a big truck which was piggy-backing an old red volkswagen beetle. Realizing the grave stupidity of my action: any moment now the foot soldiers will definitely find the perpetrator...umm that would be..me! fuck the others, i ran for my dear life... I took the river trail, dogs cant sniff me out from there i was thinking..then I remembered something...ummm I felt I left something, what was it??...Ooops, my girlfriend. She is in the secret room of the house. I went back...was caught...held hostage or prisoner of war, and here is the interesting part: As I was being pushed around the house, I came face to face with the "secret door that leads to the secret room" Instinctively I would have looked or touched it , but I didnt because I was strictly focused on thinking what were they up to in letting me wander around the house freely. In a flash, I realized they were trying to find the secret door just by observing my movements. So with my quick wit I glanced blankly everywhere not giving any reaction to anything.

The dream went crazy after this, with my officemates joining the hostages, then they decided to re-design the curtains of the house, cellphones were confiscated except for mine because the rebel leader (who happened to be a gorgeous fashion designer) liked me., a tsunami hit, the building collapsed, I visited an old elementary classmate who was part of the hostage crisis and was rattled awake because damn its 0630 uggh! gonna be late for work.

As I recalled the dream while driving on the way to work I realized something. Characters in our dreams are made by our minds, they think and act according to what we know, believe and think. But why, o why didnt I know that trick. I have no recollection where I got this idea of finding out clues by observing a persons action. Ive never been to boot camp, never been in the military and the closest I got to any counter intelligence stuff is by watching spy movies. That was something new I learned there. Freaks me out this dream. It was fluid, fast and impromptu. Dreams are freaky but this one has got me thinking.

No comments: