Thursday, April 14, 2005

Office Defibrillators

I have always wanted to do this, hold em heart-starter thingies, rub em together and say "clear!!"...glance at monitor and say "damnit man, we're losing him",... "clear!!!..bzzzzttttttt~.

We have that thing installed in the hallway. Its a bright funky-green gadget housed in a "break glass in case you have to bring a dead person to life" box. But Lo! Before you decide to break the glass you have to at least be certified to operate that thing. They dont want you to be zapping dead people's butt or other body parts, or worse frying them unintentionally.

Ok, I agree with that...but suppose some lame guy suddenly dropped dead in front of me, do I:
A.Give him CPR... ewww ..good thing I'm not certified.
B.Call 911, the nearest hospital is about 4km..too late.
C.Run around the building looking for that certified defibrillator prick...if there is one.
D.Drag his lifeless butt near the "Automated External Defibrillator" , break glass open and apply electrocution process...with joy.
E. Stay put, act like you thought he just fell asleep (literally).

If I'm wise enough I'd probably choose E. This seems to be the most weasel-like of the choices, threfore would land me in a safe-unblameable position.To free myself from guilt, I'd probably enrol myself in the "How to pronounce Automated External Defibrillator and Cardio Pulmonary Rescucitation Course"...next time same incident happens, I'll be a tad bit ready. Technology...and ignorance wont do much.

No comments: