Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Late nite family calls

So warmed up was my bed, on a chilly night nothing beats a goose down blanket... then the mobile rang...,its either mom or my sis, if its mom I'd predict shed want me to drop by and get some food she made...if it was sis, then shes most likely to have discovered a new way to make her skin better and she would want to share the precious discovery. I glanced at the screen ...its sis. I tried to sound bed-ready...and said " yep??", and she went, "hey boy, its like 10 o'clock even my kids are still awake"...then I went " well your kids dont go to work at 7", then she went, "I sleep at 1am and wake up early to prepare for the hubby and kids", and I threw back my infamous one liner, " Well, you chose that life, I chose this one™". Thats the usual salutation to a wonderful late night call from sis. So the topic tonite:"Meri Discovers That Things Happen for a Reason (Patent pending)". She was so happy to recount her teenage days and connect them to meaningful present co-existences...( buy her a Celestine Prophecy book for her bday).

I just let her babble through it. I can sense her stress, her bacteriaphobia, acrophobia, aviatophobia and all the other fears that dwell in her seeped through the entire conversation.
Girls have to talk, its either they talk or they're gonna be walking time bombs. After realizing that my mobile has started to melt, I just had to tell her good nite and I'd call her if I have some discoveries of my own. Well, as for me, its comforting enough to be reminded that with a discovery or not, I have a family who I can turn to anytime, at any hour of any day.

No comments: