Monday, May 01, 2006

Music


I am Robot and Proud
The Electricity in Your house wants to Sing

A great portion of Electronic-pop playfully criss-crossing into the New Age genre, with R2D2 on the vocals, calm and loose, this group has the right recipe worth taking for a spin. I get easily dumbed with repetitive tunes from the likes of Chemical Brothers and other techno music...and think to myself "you sing that line one more time and I swear I'll >> to the next song".

I am Robot and Proud sure is a strange name for a band, and I cant help but connect my thoughts into Asimov's laws and tinker on the use of "Robot' as a proper noun. It is in the lines of Kraftwerk but not as experimental and neither as demanding as Bjork's electronic inuendos. The slight use of traditional instruments gives more variety to the tunes - which,I am glad, is not limited to the synthesizers. I almost purchased the entire album on iTunes but held back as it may be just a few minor hits and a lot of misses, but as I listened to it at work it just blended in with the whirring of a set-to-high-resolution-scanner, the erratic keyboard strokes of my officemate and that buzzing noise that gossips create a few meters away. With that kind of band name, rejoined with that blatantly playing-with-your-mind album title, what it spells is what it actually plays. Recommended tunes; Me and Heidi, The Electricity in your House wants to sing.

No comments: